/* ----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ CompuDave: Blogger ate my homework.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Blogger ate my homework.

Well I wrote that last post, or something like it last night. I then told Blogger to publish it and left the machine. When I looked later the publish fuction had timed out so no update. I hit the back button and all that was there was the heading, the body of the post was gone.

Well I should know better. An online posting system is not very good backup. Not that that post took all that much time to do but being a good programmer with 25+ yrs under my belt I should know the drill - it's just like voting - save and save often. So starting today I'm doing what I should have been doing all along. I'm using a text editor then copying and pasting into blogger. It really doesn't matter what you use, it could be as simple a Notepad or Wordpad, or it could be a full fledged word processor like Word or Open Office. The word processors might be better as you can have autosave turned on just in case your PC goes down.

2 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:42 AM  
Blogger MK said...

Try that one again. Blogjet is a great tool for offline editing of your blogger/blogspot pages. You can save drafts and re-edit old posts, too. Cheap.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home